A New Resource -
New UpToDate® is a physician-authored clinical decision support resource that assists clinicians with point-of-care decisions. Includes easy-to-search graphics and a drug database and drug interactions tool (in partnership with Lexicomp®). Account creation is required for first-time users and must be renewed once every 90 days.
The Physician Assistant Studies program and the library have purchased access to the point-of-care database, UpToDate. This resource provides topic overviews for over 10,000 diseases, treatments, medications and more, spanning over 24 medical specialties. It also includes over 30,000 medical images and patient education information.
How to Intall the UpToDate App
• Go to the UpToDate database
• This can also be found on the Health Sciences section of the Library’s website: isu.edu/library/libandcoll/ihsl/
• Register for an account. This is a required, but free, step. An account will allow you to use UpToDate via apps and off campus.
• Start searching!
Installing the UpToDate App
• Go to the app store for your device & search for "UpToDate"
• Install the app
• Log in using the information you created in the step above
• Accept the subscription license agreement
• 10,500 topic reviews in 24 specialties
• Frequently used medical calculators
• 32,000 images including pictures, tables, diagrams, illustrations, and graphs
• Drug and drug interaction information via Lexicomp
• 1,500 patient education topics
You will need to re-verify your ISU affiliation every 90 days: This can be done by accessing UpToDate on any ISU campus or by logging in via the UpToDate link if you’re off campus.