What types of resources are required? How many?
- professional literature vs. popular literature
- books vs. articles vs. websites
- reference materials (encyclopedia, dictionary, atlas, etc.)
Make sure you understand the type of research project you are assigned! Here are a few that are common:
- Informative--present information on a topic
- Argumentative--discuss two or more sides to an issue, persuading the audience that a position/opinion has more evidence to support it
- Comparison/Contrast--explore the differences and similarities of two issues or things that have a common purpose
- Explication--explain / interpret a creative work, such as poetry, paintings, stories, etc.
- Critique / Analysis--analyze the effect / value of a project