This service is available to all ISU faculty, students or staff.
For assistance, please contact the Reference Desk, ISU Library - Idaho Falls, or ISU Library - Meridian.
- Open the Library Catalog and search to locate a needed item (book, thesis, dissertation, musical score, government document, or video/CD/DVD). Click on the desired title. You are now at the Full Record of the title.
- Click on the Request Button in the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Enter your Bengal ID Number and your Last name, then click the Submit Button.
- You MUST select a Deliver To: option from the drop-down list. Your choice will determine where the item is sent for pickup. There is a $4.00 charge for the Mail (ISU Items only) delivery service via USPS.
- Click the Submit button when finished.
- The message Your Request for [Title] was successful tells you that your request is now being processed. If you do not get this message, start over and try again. Report any problems to the Circulation Desk at (208) 282-3248.
- When you are finished requesting items, click on the Logout button in the toolbar at the top of screen.
- The item will be located and sent to the requested delivery location.
- As soon as the item is located and processed, a message will be sent to your ISU email account telling you it is available for pickup or when to expect mail delivery. You can also check the status of your request by logging in using the Login button in the Library Catalog. Your request with its pickup location will appear under the heading "Items Available" (near the bottom, above "Fines and Fees").
- Picking Up the Item. The item will be sent to the delivery location you selected. Check with the Circulation Desk at the Eli M. Oboler Library (208) 282-3225, ISU Library -Meridian (208) 373-1817 or the ISU Library - Idaho Falls (208) 282-7906 to see if your request is available for pick up. Mail delivery is via USPS priority mail to the address you typed into the Comments box. It typically takes 4-5 days.
- Returning the Item. Return items to the same location you picked up from or mail to the Eli M. Oboler Library, Idaho State University, 921 S 8th Ave Stop 8089, Pocatello ID 83209-8089. Please allow adequate time for return mailing or renew items as needed to avoid overdue fines. If the item was mailed to you, a pre-paid return mailing label was included with the item. This label allows you to return the item using any U.S. Postal Service mailbox. Visit the Mail Delivery Service Web page for additional information.