Where do I pick up my books?
- It depends upon the Delivery Location selected when registering for your ILLiad Interlibrary Loan account.
- Pocatello, Oboler Library - Items are available at the Main Circulation Desk of the Oboler Library. Click here for hours
- Idaho Falls, ISU Library - Items are available at the ISU Library, Idaho Falls. Click here for hours.
- Meridian, ISU Library - Items are available at the ISU Library, Meridian. Click here for hours.
How soon do I need to pick up my book(s)? How long will you hold book(s)?
- Items need to be picked up within two weeks. After that time, items not picked up will be returned to the lending library. You will receive a cancellation notice in your @isu.edu email account. If you receive a cancellation notice, but still need the item, contact the ILL Office immediately at (208) 282-3127 or firstname.lastname@example.org. (You can also reply to the cancellation notice.)
- Items designated as Library Use Only will be available until the due date.
I am unable to pick up the item in person. What can I do?
- Faculty and Staff, please contact the Main Circulation Desk (208) 282-3248 for a Runner's Card. Your grad/student assistant will be able to pick up the item for you.
- Students, please contact the ILL Department for special arrangements.
- Please note: You are responsible for items and any fees accrued, regardless of who picks up the item.
How long can I keep my ILL item?
- Due dates are set by the lending library and range anywhere from a few days to six weeks.
Can I renew my ILL?
- Possibly. The lending library will set renewal options. If renewed, the new check out period can vary from a few days to six weeks.
- Items marked "Renewals Allowed: No" on the blue bookstrap cannot be renewed.
How do I renew ILL materials?
- You can request renews for items via your ILLiad Interlibrary Loan account. Click here for instructions.
- DO NOT contact the lending library directly. We will not be notified and our systems will not be updated accordingly, creating overdue and/or lost item fees.
How many times can I renew my ILL?
- Items can usually be renewed once. Some libraries may allow a second renewal; however, the item is often renewed for only an additional one or two weeks.
- If you need items longer, you will need to return the item and submit a new request. Please note, you can only place two consecutive requests for one title. If you need the item for longer time, please contact the Library regarding purchase of the item or purchase for your personal collection.